Terms & Conditions
RISK WARNING: This is a physically demanding event and requires training and fitness. It is a recreational activity that involves a significant risk of impairment of a participant’s physical condition or injury and even death from various causes including participants, and chosen routes.
DECLARATION, WAIVER AND RELEASE: In consideration of, and as a condition of acceptance of my entry in the Women’s 5km Run/Walk, I declare and agree that:
- I am physically fit and have trained for this event. I am not aware of any medical condition, impairment, disease, illness or any other reason why I should not participate in the event and that I have not been advised by a qualified medical practitioner not to participate. Where I become aware of any medical condition or impairment, or am otherwise sick or injured prior to or during the event, I will withdraw from or discontinue my participation in the event.
- My participation in the Women’s 5km Run/Walk is at my own risk and I acknowledge the above risk warning.
- I release the Event Organiser, its officers, committees, agents, representatives, members and event sponsors, from and against any claims of any kind (whether at tort, contract or statute) including personal injury, death or property damage, however caused (including negligence) and arising out of my participating in the Women’s 5km Run/Walk.
- I understand and acknowledge that the Event Organisers do not make any warranty (implied or express) that event services will be provided with due care and skill.
- I indemnify the Event Organisers, its officers, committees, agents, representatives, members and event sponsors, from and against any claims made against them arising from personal injury, death or property damage caused to another person by me in the course of my participation in this event.
- My name, likeness and image may be recorded and used by Event Organisers (in any form of media) for activities associated with or incidental to this event, including the promotion of the event, without my permission and without any form of compensation to me.
- If I am a wheelchair participant, accompanied by a carer, I understand that I will not be able to start until my carer has signed a disclaimer.
- If I am a participant with a pram, I understand that the child who accompanies me is also a party to this declaration and waiver.
- I agree that my registration fee, any donations or funds raised are all non-refundable. This includes, but is not limited to, event cancellation, being unable to attend the event, personal financial pressures, or dissatisfaction with event outcomes or operations.
- I agree that the event may be cancelled with little to no notice in the case of extreme weather or external factors that might impact on the safety of event participants.
- Any participants undertaking fundraising activities must abide by Tasmanian legislation:
- A person under 16 years of age cannot accept donations unless supervised by an adult;
- A person under 12 years of age may only ask for donations if they are under the immediate control of an adult;
- Phone soliciting must not take place before 9am or after 8pm on any day;
- Must have an authority to fundraise letter PRIOR to soliciting donations.
- The first 200 participants to fundraise $200 will receive a complimentary Women’s 5km t-shirt.
Participants eligible for this gift will have the opportunity to select their preferred size. Postage is at the expense of the participant.
- Any discounts, codes or promotional opportunities are ‘one per person’.
- This agreement is governed by the laws of Tasmania. If any part of this agreement is held to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable then that part will be deemed to be severed without affecting the enforceability of the remainder of this agreement.