When you fundraise for Cancer Council Tasmania, you are contributing to the ongoing operations of many vital services we provide to the local community.
In 2020 - 2021, Cancer Council Tasmania:
• 11,936 cancer information resources were distributed to support services clients.
• 5,104 occasions of support, including individual support programs and support groups. Of these, 1,026 clients were accessing support with CCT for the first time.
• 22 children with cancer and their families received over $21,000 from the Rachel & Jye Fund, alleviating the financial burden of cancer and assisting with costs of treatment-related travel.
• 260 financial assistance payments were made, totaling $74,860 to assist with household bills, in partnership with Aurora Energy and Telstra.
• 1,197 places filled in complementary therapy programs including mindfulness, Tai Chi, yoga, pilates and oncology massage.
• 177 wigs loaned to clients experiencing hair loss due to cancer treatment.
• 200 calls to our 131120 Cancer Support and Information line.
• 253,892 Tasmanians were reached with our cancer prevention messages.
• 6,121 cancer prevention information resources distributed.
• 3,645 Tasmanians reached at cancer prevention events and presentations
We also provided $200,000 into cancer research including clinical trials and research grants.
These statistics don’t even cover our engagement with the Quit Tasmania program who provided support to 4,308 Tasmanians last year, our Sunsmart program that aims to educate schools about sun protection and minimise UV exposure, our volunteers and social media reach or our community engagement.
can help transport people affected by cancer to and from vital treatment
can help fund a call to a cancer nurse on 13 11 20 that provides free and confidential information and support
can help fund ground breaking research into new and better ways to diagnose and treat cancer
can help us purchase a new wig for a client recovering from treatment