When you fundraise for Cancer Council Tasmania, you are contributing to the ongoing operations of many vital services we provide to the local community.
In 2018-2019, Cancer Council Tasmania:
- Operated 20 cancer support groups state wide
- Distributed 41,024 cancer information resources
- Lent 169 wigs via our wig library
- Enacted 348 hospital visits
- Provided 8,253 occasions of support
- Answered 240 calls to reach out to our Oncology Registered Nurse
- Delivered/attended 127 presentations and expos, with 80% of presentation attendees indicating they will make changes to improve thie health an reduce their cancer risk
We also provided $70,000 for clinical trials, gave out 47 Seize the Day scholarships that assist post-secondary students who are impacted by cancer and transported 427 individuals to 5,110 treatment appointments from 154 towns and suburbs across the state.
These statistics don’t even cover our engagement with the Quit Tasmania program who provided support to 2,552 Tasmanians last year, our Sunsmart program that aims to educate schools about sun protection and minimise UV exposure, our volunteers and social media reach or our community engagement.
helps transport a client to treatment
helps fund a call to a cancer nurse that provides free and confidential information on all aspects of cancer
will help fund ground breaking research into new and better ways to diagnose and treat cancer
helps us purchase a new wig for a client recovering from treatment